Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Treats

These are the tasty treats I made for a cookie exchange I was invited
to. The exchange was such a fun evening and I was proud to take my
pretty Oreo truffles...that's what I call them, not sure what they are
really called. Thanks to Jamie for the recipe! I have listed it
below.

1 pkg Oreo cookies (can use the mint ones for a 'Thin Mint' tasting truffle)
1 pkg cream cheese
1 pkg white chocolate chips

Put oreos in food processor until crumbs are fine.
Add cream cheese and mix until you have a chocolate 'dough'
Roll 'dough' into bitesize balls
Chill in fridge for about 2 hours until balls are firm
Using a toothpick, dip balls into melted white chocolate leaving a
little of the chocolate at the top to show through
Drizzle the top with white chocolate to look pretty

*NOTE: If you melt your chocolate for too long and it starts getting
hard (called 'seizing') you can add a tablespoon of vegetable
shortening to fix it. I found this out after calling the Nestle
Tollhouse Hotline!!

No comments: