Monday, January 18, 2010

A December to Remember.

In 'Typical Tonya' fashion, I have been neglecting my blog.  The longer you are away from posting, the harder it is to get back into it!  I have been putting off posting my December to Remember post because I wanted to wait until I had time to sit down and write down every detail, every memory, etc....and in the meantime I am missing new memories... so here is a summary of our December.

Before December 1st even arrived I was in a race against myself and the clock.  I signed myself up to be a vendor at a nearby Holiday Fair to sell my custom stationery, labels, invites, etc.  I had never participated in anything like this before and had no idea what to expect, nor did I realize the time commitment it would entail.  Whoa was I in over my head, but with a little (okay, a LOT) of help from my husband and some great friends, I managed to pull it off and I was pretty happy with the outcome.  It was by NO means a money maker (I didn't even break even), but I can't quantify the benefit of what I learned.  Anyway, because of my attention to this project, I was behind on everything else I needed and WANTED to do for the holidays, but everything worked out and we had a wonderful Christmas.  I hope everyone who reads this blog (if there is anyone left out there!) had a very merry Christmas too!


Me at the Ascension Holiday Fair selling my 'wares.'


I think this was actually in November (oops)...we took the kids to the Circus.  Millie lasted for about this first 20mins and that was probably only because she likes popcorn, ha!  Noah enjoyed it though and said his favorite part were the clowns.  To me, the clowns were no big deal since I spend everyday with two of the silliest clowns I know!!!


Family picture at the Circus. 
Not the greatest picuture, but you take what you can get when you are at the mercy of a stranger.


An unsuspecting Millie is about to take a big snowball to the back of the head!  Good thing she's tough.
This was one of our first big snowfalls.  Millie and Noah both really enjoy playing in the snow...so does Bowman.  He loves to rip through the back yard and make the snow fly!


Millie helping Mommy do a little shopping.  I usually don't let her ride in the big area of the cart, but you do what you have to to get the shopping done sometimes...peacefully!!


The only decent picture I have of Noah's Christmas program at school.  We took good video, thank goodness!  Don't ask me why he is standing in front of the rest of his class...he kept turning back and forth trying to hit the poor girl's candle to his left while singing 'This little light of mine.'


Millie and Noah after opening gifts at Grandma and Grandpa B's house.


Christmas Eve at our house.


Millie with her new kitchen and frying pan...look out Noah!


Noah and Santa at the K Family Christmas.  Noah LOVES Santa! 
He just opened the wallet Santa brought for him.


Noah and Millie after opening gifts at Grandma and Grandpa K's house.


Millie really needs to learn to 'watch her back!'


I am so looking forward to the year ahead.  As you can tell just from our December picutures, I am blessed to be the crazy mom of two little 'characters' and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us!
Also, thanks for being patient with me while I get my act together and start posting again...



No comments: