Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Worth the Wait

Noah has never been in a rush to do anything, but when he does it is always well worth the wait.

Becoming pregnant with him took what seemed like ages, but I think that made me realize how precious that experience is and made me appreciate it all the more.
He was due on Valentine's Day 2006 (what a 'sweet' gift that would have been), but decided he wanted the suspense to last a week longer! I'm also not forgetting the 17hrs of labor!


He didn't walk until he was 15mos old, but when he did, he didn't just take a few steps here and there he started walking and didn't look back. He also had great balance and never fell very much as is common for most toddlers.

Potty training is the only exception...and I am soo grateful! I decided about 6mos ago (age 2 1/2yrs) to stop diapers 'cold turkey' and Noah has done wonderfully! He has only had a few, rare accidents during the day and no (knock on wood) accidents at night. This is very rare for a BOY his age!


Since he was 18mos old he has been a little behind the ball in the speech department. In the past he never really said too much, usually just sounds that only Jon and I could translate, but in the past couple months he has made up for lost time...and now he won't stop! I am no longer worried and I now realize he was just focusing his energies on other things and now that he is talking it is amazing to me everything he has retained over the past months - just like a little sponge. Just because he didn't say he was learning, doesn't mean he wasn't!
The main thing with Noah is if he can't do it like everyone else does (i.e. Mommy and Daddy), then I think he would rather not do it at all until he has perfected it! He seems to have an 'I'm not going to do it until I can do it right' mentality and I can't wait to see what's next!
I know this isn't the most exciting post, but I wanted to write it because Noah is at an age where his personality and all his quirky little traits are starting to really become apparent. It is such a joy to watch him change and grow and I don't want to forget it!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Noah has some seriously cute dimples!!! You will find too that your daughter will probably be completely different! It's always a surprise with the kiddos.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Great Post...and I looooove that last picture of Noah!

Jamie